Our objective is to manage the project from beginning to end whilst ensuring the client is comfortable that they are getting value for money.
We want to make sure the client understands the procurement options that are available so as to avoid trying to compare different designs from a cost perspective. The three different methods that we typically work under are traditional tendering, management contracting and design & build.
Lead times on certain items can be critical to the success of a project which is why we always go over the key issues relating to the client’s programme and what needs to be finalised at what point.
In evaluating a possible building, it is important to make sure that the new space can support the services the client requires. Does the building have the correct level of mechanical and electrical services? Is the floor loading adequate? Will the client get landlord approvals for the works they wish to undertake? These are some of the questions we answer during that stage.
We will focus on the key element most relevant to our client’s particular project but in general terms, these will involve:
- General consultancy on relocation or refurbishment projects
- Development and constant review of project and trade cycle programming
- General consultancy on landlord and local authority approvals
- Development of technical building evaluation such as Mechanical & Electrical validation
- General consultancy on Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations
- Development and constant review of building works and furniture estimating
- Dilapidation works for landlords
- General consultancy on leasing options and capital allowances
- Contract administration, project management, handover and installation